Grant Writing Workshop
Join UIC's grant writing experts in a one-day, interactive workshop designed specifically for individuals with little to no grant writing experience.
What You Will Learn
In this highly participatory workshop, our expert UIC instructors will guide you through a comprehensive overview of the grant writing process, including:
- Types of funding sources available to nonprofits today
- How to research grant opportunities and assess the best fit for your funding needs
- What your organization must have in place before writing a grant
- The primary components of a grant proposal and how they fit together
- How to communicate effectively with prospective funders
What You Will Leave With
Bring your energy, enthusiasm, and ideas, and leave with:
- Confidence in your ability to prepare a foundation grant proposal
- Practical knowledge you need to succeed in grant writing
- Experience working on a team to prepare proposal pieces for a fictional organization
- A workbook for planning, developing and writing successful proposals
- A valuable network of connections with instructors and workshop participants (bring your business cards!)
- A list of the top grant writing resources on the Web
|Date:||Thursday, April 4|
|Time:||9 a.m.-5 p.m.|
|Location:||University of Illinois at Chicago, Student Center East, Room 605|
|Discount:||$297 for University of Illinois alumni, employees or current degree-seeking students|
|Registration Deadline:||Wednesday, April 3 at 12 p.m. central time|
Meet The Instructors
Attention researchers: The curriculum for this course focuses on philanthropic foundation grants, not research grants.
Please note: This workshop routinely sells out. Register Early! The registration deadline is 12:00 pm central time on Wednesday, April 3.
UIC Extended Campus refund and withdrawal policy for Grant Writing Workshop.