Essentials for Health Care Professionals, January 14-May 10
January 14, 2019
Chicago, IL 60607
CalendarDownload iCal File
Essentials for Health Care Professionals: Patient Safety & Quality Improvement
Numerous national organizations have called for the integration of quality improvement and patient safety (QI/PS) training into the education of today’s healthcare providers. This includes the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (Milestones and Clinical Learning Environment Review (CLER) initiatives) and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (Quality and Safety Education in Nursing Project). Increasingly, health care professionals are seeking a more personalized and accessible approach in attaining basic competence in this domain than that offered through national workshops alone.
To address this need, the UICOM Department of Graduate Medical Education at Peoria and the UICCOM Department of Medical Education at Chicago have collaborated to develop and implement this in-depth introduction to QI/PS for the health care professional.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss healthcare systems (micro & macro) and the effect of complexity on patient care, safety, and quality.
- Describe and discuss the major concepts of adverse event reporting, organizational transparency, and clinical errors.
- Outline the roles of Human Factors Engineering (HFE) and Health Information Technology (HIT) in patient safety.
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge in healthcare quality including process improvement and its accompanying tools, methods, and techniques.
- Modality: 100% online
- Length: 16 Weeks (January 14-May 10, 2019)
- Cost: $2,000
Sep 10, 2018
Oct 2, 2018